- Firstly, the Monthly Raffle will be held on Friday, April 7th. I’m still not sure what I will be raffling off, but I’ll be sure to come up with something fun!
- Secondly, both of my paintings at the March 150 Exhibition at Target Gallery in the Torpedo Art Factory… have sold!
- I am not quite finished with the last painting of last month’s theme (ocean creatures), but as soon as I am, I will publish all of the paintings and videos here. I’ve been consistently making videos for almost all of my paintings now, which is a lot of fun for me to watch after the fact and figure out what I could have done differently.
- I have this idea for which I’d love to get some feedback. What I’m thinking about doing is putting together a “painting box” which would include all the items necessary to paint a small painting (or two), including a few brushes, some small tubes of paint, a small pre-gessoed canvas, instructional video (or two) and step-by-step pamphlet, and maybe a goodie like a small print or something like that. I created a quick mock-up (see pic below) based on some items I had in my “studio” (formerly our living room). I’d like to keep the cost under $50 so anyone can do it without breaking the bank. I’m even thinking that this would be cool as a subscription box, so people could gather up more and more brushes and paints and instructional videos to be able to build a collection from which they could paint anything they wanted! I think it sounds fun (though there are a few points I’m concerned about) and it would have been something I would have loved when I was getting into painting. I’d love to hear what other people have to say, though, so if you have a thought, please feel free to leave a comment!
- I’ve been expanding onto more and more social media platforms to see how they go, though I’ve dropped Twitter because it just didn’t seem right for me (it just seemed to be full of ads I didn’t care about, and I felt like I wasn’t connecting to anyone). I am now on Instagram, Minds, and VidMe (as well as Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, Deviantart, etc). I don’t know how any platform will feel, but I’m giving them a try and hoping that I connect with a few. Feel free to leave me a message if you’re on any platform I’m on, or leave a comment if you think I should try a different platform 🙂
- As usual, I’ve been slowly adding more items to my Etsy shop, and I’m happy to announce that I’m also making a few sales! It’s always sad to see an item leave, but I’m also happy to hear that someone will love having an original painting on their walls. This is one that was recently sold that I just loved seeing every day; I love the “feel” of these darker paintings 🙂
I think that’s it, but I’ll post again on Friday for the Monthly Raffle (and probably again soon when I’ve completed the last of the theme of March). Have a great weekend, everyone! 🙂